Thursday, May 07, 2009

Up My Tree of Natrual Curiosity

As another week draws to its inevitable conclusion, I find myself increasingly withdrawing from some of my former life's highlights. Perhaps it is the constant haze caused by lack of sleep or the transmutation of long partially dormant feelings, but I just want to get out of here, my reality.

To aid me in this and help me imagine myself curled amid the branches of a huge green tree, just feeling the smooth bark, smelling the leaves and watching a green and golden world from above, requires a dream. And not just any kind of a dream: Jasmine Dreame Wagner, also known as Cabinet of Natural Curiosities. As her moniker implies, her works reveal a trove of natural curiosities and wonders, mainly of the folk-psychedelics kind, but not limited to it.

Check out Cabinet of Natural Curiosities on MySpace and last.fm for more tracks and a huge tour dates list for those lucky on the east coast. Get her albums on her store.

Cabinet of Natural Curiosities - For Sparrow {MP3} (from Searchlight Needles)
Cabinet of Natural Curiosities - Owllullaby {MP3} (from Searchlight Needles)
Cabinet of Natural Curiosities - Bees Over Seas {MP3} (from Black Bough)

No comments: