Sunday, December 14, 2008

Song of the Morning: What's Up?


"And so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out what's in my head
And I, I am feeling a little peculiar
And so I wake in the morning and I step
Outside and I take deep breath
And I get real high
And I scream from the top of my lungs
What's goin' on".

Even now, 15 years later, I still have no idea what's going on. In today's language it would probably be articulated as 'WTF', but the question is still justified none the less.

Finding that great hill of hope, let alone climbing it, can also be rather difficult. To me this song is about the struggle we all seem to experience: trying to understand, to cope, to have faith, to keep what little sanity we think we may have. In short, to live.

What a great song (Youtube vid).

4 Non Blondes - What's Up? (from Bigger, Better, Faster, More!)
4 None Blondes' picture is from their Last.fm page.

No comments: