Friday, December 26, 2008

Featured Artist(s): Ezra Furman & The Harpoons


At the time I lost my faith, Ezra Furman got his. Ezra received a guitar for his Bar Mitzvah and hasn't stopped since. While my first impression of him was of a young(er) version of Bright Eyes, this is clearly wrong and can only be attributed to my sometimes failing hearing and the fact I should be studying right now instead of doing this. As I listen more and more, a somewhat more energized young Lou Reed comes to mind, but, again, that would not be entirely accurate either. Instead, there is a fresh and unique voice here, being fleshed out, sometimes shouting at, the world around.

Be sure to check out the band's website, blog, MySpace and Last.fm pages for more goodies.

Ezra Furman & The Harpoons - We Should Fight (from Inside the Human Body)
Ezra Furman & The Harpoons - How Long, Diana? (from Banging Down the Doors)

Bonus: Ezra Furman & The Harpoons - Take off Your Sunglasses (Daytrotter Session)

No comments: